Financial Aid


Other Aid

Veterans or Dependents of Veterans

Veterans or Dependents of Veterans planning to enroll should contact their Regional V.A. Office and the Registrar's Office at Clarke to ensure proper certification of status and benefits.

A veteran is required by the V.A. to maintain satisfactory progress in pursuit of his or her educational program. Benefits are payable only for course work that counts toward the degree objectives of the recipient; therefore, the V.A. will not pay for F grades or W grades and the recipient should expect to be billed. For more information contact the Registrar's Office by email at

Children of veterans may continue to receive compensation until their 21st birthday if evidence is provided to the Veterans Administration that they are enrolled full time. Inquiries should be directed to the adjudication officer of the Veterans Administration Regional Office who has been processing claims for pension or compensation.

Special Assistance

The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation of the Iowa Department of Public Instruction or similar divisions in other states make assistance available to physically and mentally challenged students who are residents of the state. More information is available from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, 801 Bankers Trust Building, Des Moines, IA 50309, or the student's home state office.

Looking for more information about navigating the college search and financial aid process? Visit for a variety of helpful resources.

  • Support Clarke - Spring
  • Arts at Clarke 2016
  • Transfer Fall 2015