In alignment with the Clarke University mission, and in the BVM core values, the division of student life partners with the academic community to facilitate the growth of the whole student. Student Life departments strive to provide learning opportunities, role models, services and facilities that challenge and support students in reaching their fullest potential, resulting in the development of skills that are transferable to future career, social and civic responsibilities.
Through participation in student life activities at Clarke, students will:
- Demonstrate interpersonal effectiveness through a demonstrated commitment to good character, integrity and spiritual awareness,
- Cultivate civic responsibility by participating in service, volunteer and community activities,
- Strengthen interpersonal effectiveness through developing leadership skills, and an appreciation of diversity,
- Develop a sense of personal direction through clarifying values and identifying personal and professional goals,
- Practice emotional intelligence through the development of self-reliant behaviors and mutually beneficial relationships with others.
Life at Clarke is living traditions, being proud, participating in the campus community and is also about being an active member of our greater community. By Discovering Dubuque, students become active and engaged citizens.
View the Clarke Student Handbook here.