Stand at the Dubuque County Court House in the center of downtown and you are within five miles of:
- Illinois or Wisconsin (head just over the bridges for great getaway to historic Galena, Ill., or Platteville, Wis.)
- The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, an affiliate of the national Smithsonian Institution, with its new 4-D theater experience.
- Dubuque Fighting Saints USHL Hockey, opening their inaugural season in the new 3,200-seat Mystique Ice Center.
- The Town Clock Plaza, home to free outdoor music and festivals from May through September.
- The Dubuque Symphony Orchestra and three community theater facilities.
- The Five Flags Center and the Mississippi Moon Bar which bring national touring acts to Dubuque.
- The Fenelon Place Elevator (it’s the world's shortest, steepest scenic railway, where by day or night you’ll get a great view of the historic Dubuque business district, the Mississippi River and three states)
- Kennedy Mall, Target, Best Buy, Old Navy, Starbucks and a host of national chains – nestled between local dining and retail favorites.
- Mother Nature’s handiwork that can be viewed along bike trails, above the Lock & Dam at Eagle Point Park, at the Mines of Spain outdoor recreation and nature center, or along the Mississippi river walk.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg!
The only way to truly experience Dubuque’s embracing character is to visit in person. Contact the Clarke admissions office today at (800)383-2345 or www.clarke.edu/visit to schedule a campus visit.