Audio and Video Duplication and Conversion
- Upon request, staff are available to copy to/from DVD, VHS, and Mini-DV
- Charges for blank tape stock ($4 per DVD, $8 per Mini-DV, $1 per CD) will be billed to requesting departments and offices.
- Copyright laws are observed and duplications/conversions will not be made.
- Upon request, video equipment and instruction is available to faculty, staff and students for class or lectures .
- Video quality is suitable for archiving and local viewing purposes only. Broadcast quality videotaping is not available.
- Charges for blank tape stock ($8 per Mini-DV) will be billed to requesting departments and offices.
- Upon request, staff are available to help record original programs for academic or administrative use.
- Charges for blank tape stock ($1 per CD) will be billed to requesting departments and offices.
- Upon request, staff is available to assist in purchasing audio visual equipment for your department.
- Staff can also research, recommend, install and provide instruction on the equipment.
Repairs & Technical Support
- One-on-one or small group tutorial sessions on classroom technology are available upon request.
- Staff can assist in simple repairs to audio visual equipment in house and send more complex repairs to outside vendors.
- If classroom equipment does not functioning properly, contact the audio visual services office as soon as possible, so the issue may be resolved in a timely manner. Many issues can be resolved quickly over the phone. Others may require a temporary solution to keep the class functioning while the root of the issue is reviewed.
Campus Events Support
- Upon request, staff can coordinate and assist with the set-up, tear-down and running of audio-visual equipment for lectures and other department/club-sponsored events
- If AV staff are unable to attend an event that has minor technical requirements, AV staff can train members of the event sponsors to run the event
- For any event not requiring a conferences and events permit, please contact the audio visual services office with the event’s technical requirements no less than 10 days prior to the event. If a 10-day notice is not received, staff may not be able to fully meet your needs