The Clarke Counseling and Career Center provides services which are central to the overall mission of Clarke University. Our services are educational and developmental in nature and are designed to:
- Encourage self-awareness, self-confidence, assertive communication, and self-motivation in the pursuit of a happy and successful university experience, satisfying career, and overall sense of well-being.
- Empower with creative strategies for approaching adjustments to change and improving relationships, communication skills, self-care, time management, and stress management.
- Promote initiative and leadership, as well as the development of personal and professional skills in your field of choice.
- Support you along the developmental path that leads to a successful and satisfactory career option, while helping you to articulate and honor choices which are in line with your values, ethics, and belief system.
- Challenge you to develop, experiment, explore, and make full use of your potential for continued growth beyond your educational experience.
Addressing mental health issues
Information on a variety of wellness topics
Referrals to outside professionals when necessary
Substance abuse education and referral
Time and stress management
Relationships of all kinds
Concerns about eating patterns
Job search preparation
Resume/cover letter critique
Graduate school application assistance
Annual career fair
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Exploring Your Options; Choosing a Major
Reference materials and handouts