Professional Learning Series of the Archdiocese of Dubuque Admission Requirements
There are two options for admission.
- Non-Degree Seeking
Students only completing professional development courses through the Archdiocese of Dubuque Professional Learning Series (PLS) and not pursuing Clarke’s full Master of Arts in Education degree must complete the Non-Degree Admission Process as laid out below. Since this is not a degree-seeking pathway, students will not qualify for financial aid; however, courses are offered at a discounted rate.
- Degree Seeking
Students completing the full Master of Arts in Education (MAE) degree in partnership with the Archdiocese of Dubuque’s PLS program will need to complete the Degree-Seeking Admission Process laid out below. In addition, you can qualify for financial aid.
Non-Degree Seeking PLS Admission Process
*Students who have previously taken PLS courses through Clarke University as a non-degree student but who have not enrolled at Clarke in the past year must re-submit the Non-Degree Application referenced above. Returning non-degree PLS students who have been enrolled at Clarke within the past year may register for courses through the PLS course registration form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the non-degree-seeking application or registration process.
Degree-Seeking Admission Process
Students seeking the full Master of Arts in Education (MAE) degree will need to complete the full admissions process:
- Online Master of Arts in Education (MAE) Application
- Official Academic Transcripts sent to email@example.com directly from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended.
- Transcripts issued to students are not official
- Faxed and copied transcripts are not official
- Personal Statement of goals and career plans
- Documentation of teaching license folder number
- Principal’s email address to confirm credentials.
- Two Recommendation Forms including one relative to academic ability and one relative to professional character. You will be asked to provide contact information for at least two references, name and email address, so we can send your reference the form.
- Official TOEFL Score is required if English is not your first language – PBT score of 550 or IBT of 80
- Interview with Director of Graduate Education Studies will be scheduled once all materials are received
Minimum Requirements for Admission
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be a teacher in the Archdiocese of Dubuque school system
Students interested in applying for financial aid should complete a FAFSA form and then contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-588-6327.