REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO THE MASTER OF SOCIAL WORK PROGRAM
- Online application form
- All Official transcripts from current and previous institutions including undergraduate and graduate from that institutions registrar’s office to Clarke University Graduate Admissions.
- Transcript “issued to student” are not official.
- Faxed and copied transcripts are not official.
- Resume or Vitae listing of social work related volunteer experience.
- Non-refundable application fee of $35 payable here.
- 3 References to provide a recommendation form. 1 academic, 1 professional minimum. The letters need to be from individuals who can speak to the applicant’s character.
- Personal Essay a two to three page-typewritten statement outlining your interests and professional goals. This essay is an integral part of your application, which demonstrates your knowledge and commitment to the profession of social work as well as your writing and thinking abilities. Please address the following information:
- Why are you pursuing graduate study in social work?
- Topics you might consider in answering this question: life experiences, work and volunteer activities, educational experiences, and leadership abilities.
- If English is not your first language, your official TOEFL score is required. We require a minimum TOEFL PBT score of 550 or IBT score of 80.
Electronic Submission - Email application items to email@example.com.
Mail - Send form with your application fee and all other materials to
Graduate Studies Office
1550 Clarke Drive
Dubuque, Iowa 52001
- Bachelor of Arts from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in your major field of study.
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Psychology
To qualify for priority admission, all application materials due April 1.