The following are required to be considered for admission to the MSW:
- Prerequisite classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Biology, and Statistics.
- Completion of any undergraduate program from an accredited college or university. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in your major field of study.
- To be considered for the Advanced-Standing Program, you must have completed your undergraduate degree from a social work program (accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)) within the last five years. Course grade of a B in undergraduate social work courses and a C in statistics will qualify students for advanced standing status.
- A minimum TOEFL PBT score of 550 or IBT score of 80 if English is not a first language.
- Application materials.
- Notice of Criminal Background Check Requirement for Field Education
Students admitted to the MSW program will need to complete a criminal background check prior to beginning a field placement.