Admission Requirements Checklist
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice application
- Vitae or resume
- Official academic transcripts sent to email@example.com directly from all graduate and undergraduate institutions attended. Please note that transcripts “issued to student” or faxed or copied transcripts are not official. These transcripts must document:
- Completion of a bachelor’s program from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of master’s degree from an accredited nursing program in an accredited college or university (DNP Bridge applicants only).
- GRE scores required for applicants with an undergraduate GPA under 3.0.
- Documentation of clinical hours performed in MSN program (DNP Bridge applicants only).
- Three reference forms including two relative to clinical performance and one relative to academic ability. (Note: Reference forms are located in the online application.)
- Personal statement of goals for doctoral education and subsequent career plans.
- Scholarly writing sample (research paper citing sources)
- Photocopy of current professional license/s.
- Official TOEFL score is required if English is not your first language – PBT score of 550 or IBT of 80.
- Interview with the Director of Graduate Education. Once all materials are received, an interview will be scheduled.
Upon acceptance, all students will be required to provide proof of immunizations, annual TB test, HIPPA training, blood borne pathogen training, and mandatory reporter certification. A criminal background check is required.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSIONS:
- Completion of a statistics course with a grade of C (2.0) or better.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for both bachelor’s and master’s degrees.