International Travel Care
Health Services helps guide the campus community in protecting their health before, during and after foreign travel. Health Services will refer you to a specialist in travel medicine in order to promote good health during international travel. Your personalized travel package for a healthy, safe trip may include:
- Travel consultation with medical professionals
- Advice of preventing illness while traveling
- Education on safety concerns about food, drink and recreational activities
Health Services works with the most current information available from the Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization.
Available Services by Referral
- Determination of current required and recommended immunizations based on your itinerary, personal history of immunizations and planned activities during your trip.
- Official International Certificate of Vaccination.
- A detailed, computerized traveler’s report tailored to your itinerary. The report will provide background on:
- Geography and climate
- Malaria and other health risks, as well as current policies, by country
- Travel advisories on the social/political environment
- Embassy locations and phone numbers
- Prescriptions to prevent malaria and traveler’s diarrhea.
- General travel advice on precautionary measures for food, drink and climate.
- Tips for traveler’s first-aid kits.
- TB skin test.