Requirements for Full Admission to the Master of Business Administration Program
Applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the first week of class. Newly admitted students begin their studies in August or October for the fall semester and in January or March for the spring semester. The prospective graduate student interested in the master of business administration (MBA) program at Clarke University must submit the following to Graduate Studies Office, 1550 Clarke Drive, Dubuque, Iowa 52001:
- A completed graduate application form. Complete the online application form now, or print and complete the form and mail with application fee.
- $35 application fee (waived for Clarke University graduates). Please make checks payable to Clarke University. If paying with credit card, please call (563)588-6635 with your credit card number and expiration date.
- Official academic transcripts. These transcripts must document:
- completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- minimum GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores. This assessment is waived for students with a 3.00 or higher GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework. For the most current and updated information on the GMAT, please visit the website: www.mba.com/mba/takethegmat.
- Two completed recommendation forms, at least one of which addresses academic potential in graduate school.
- A professional resume.
- A 1-2 page essay reflecting on the following:
- The knowledge, skills, and values the prospective student has developed in his/her professional career.
- The goals and expectations for expanding the individual’s knowledge, skills, and values through the Clarke University MBA program.
- A minimum TOEFL PBT score of 550 or IBT score of 80 if English is not the first language.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Once prospective students have completed the application process, they will be invited to interview with the Director of Graduate Business Studies. The interview is intended to be a two way interview; it provides the academic advisor with additional information about the student’s goals and aspirations, and affords the student an opportunity to learn more about the MBA program.
Undergraduate courses in accounting, finance, marketing and statistics with a course grade of C or better.
BUMG 500 Principles of Accounting/Finance/Marketing and an undergraduate course in Statistics must be satisfied prior to enrollment in the second year of the MBA program.
TRANSFER OF GRADUATE COURSES
Students may transfer up to 6 credits of graduate study in this field with an earned 3.00 or higher (on a 4.00 scale) in each course from another accredited graduate program. Acceptance of transfer credit must be documented prior to matriculation.
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
An agreement between Clarke University and University of Wisconsin-Platteville provides successful MBA students with the opportunity to earn an advanced certificate in project management. Interested Clarke students who have a 3.0 GPA and have completed 18 semester hours in the MBA program, including BUMG 561, Topics in Project Management, may enroll in the coursework for an advanced certificate in project management (total of 9 semester credit hours).
- PROJMGT 7080 Project Scope Management
- PROJMGT 7040 Interpersonal Skills for virtual and co-located project teams
- BUSAMDIN 5540 Quality Management or BUSADMIN Advanced Quality Management
Interested students should consult with the Director of Graduate Business Studies for details.