Advanced Standing Pathway
Designed for students who have earned a BSW degree from an accredited program. Students accepted into this pathway move directly into specialized-practice coursework.
- 32 credits
- 500 field practicum hours
- One year full-time, two years part-time
- Traditional Weekday or Hybrid Weekend Pathways
Bridge Course for Advanced Standing in Social Work
This course is developed for students who hold a BSW, but have been out of college for more than 7 years and want to earn a Master of Social Work degree. This 3-credit course will provide students with an overview of the most recent CSWE competencies and behaviors as well as review content in the MSW generalist practice curriculum. Once successfully completed, students may join the MSW program with Advanced Standing status and have the opportunity to complete their degree in just one year.
The Bridge course is 100% online.
Hybrid Weekend Pathway
Pursue an MSW degree while working. Courses are offered in person approximately every other weekend, alternating with asynchronous online learning.
- 64 credits
- Year two: 410 field practicum hours
Year three: 500 field practicum hours
- Three years part-time
- Meets approximately two weekends a month: Friday evening, 6-8:45 p.m. and Saturday 9-11:45 a.m. and 12-2:45 p.m.
- Advising and faculty support offered remotely
Traditional Weekday Pathway
Our full-time day program, completed over a two-year period, combines classroom learning with hands-on fieldwork. Courses and most field placements are offered during weekday day-time hours.
- 64 credits
- Year one: 410 field practicum hours
Year two: 500 field practicum hours
- Two years full-time, three years part-time
- Day-time class schedule