Profile Page Template Guide
Profile pages use a unique content type that creates a profile page as well as makes an entry in the People directory and anywhere those directory entries are associated, such as in a filtered list linked from a program page.
- Name – includes fields for suffixes and surnames, e.g. Jr., Ph.D.
- Title – allows for more than one
- Departments and offices – select any the person is affiliated with
- Photo – should be square, at least 800 pixels wide by 800 high, and less than 4MB in size
- Phone number – use hyphens to separate area codes: 555-555-5555
- Mail number – for sending on-campus mail
- Optional links to websites or social media pages – use a website URL or choose between LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, or Flickr for social media (you can have more than one, but make sure accounts and pages are actively maintained)
- Educational background – one bullet for each: degree spelled out, institution, city and state, and year received; option to include a PDF of a curriculum vita
- Teaching philosophy – up to 80 words on how the person thinks about teaching, research, or other professional-related insights
- Featured image – image of the person in context (speaking to a class, in the field, etc.); include a caption to provide context, like the name of the event or class pictured, up to 25 words
- Photo slideshow – this works best with at least 4 images, all landscape-oriented and at least 1024 by 685 pixels; use to display artwork from an exhibit, recordings from performances, a sample presentation slide from an academic conference or major academic publication, etc.
- Pullquote – up to 50 words from the person about Clarke or their work/field of study; don’t include quotation marks, those are automatically added by the CMS
- Profile – flexible space for academic information, e.g., Research Interests, Courses Taught, Certifications & Memberships; don’t include publications or presentations, those go in the next section below
- Selected Works – list citations for highlights of the person’s published work, divided into sections by type (no more than 7 each), e.g., Publications, Presentations, Exhibits, Performances, Books, Journal Articles
- Photo gallery – use this alternate gallery when the size or quality of images is not high enough for the slideshow (don’t use both)