How to Apply:
- Apply for admission to the university.
- Check the appropriate section of the admissions application indicating whether or not you plan to seek financial aid.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Clarke school code is 001852. The priority deadline for financial aid is April 15.
- Students who have completed the FAFSA and are enrolled in at least 4.5 credits per semester may be eligible for up to $20,500 in a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan per academic year.
Other Types of Aid:
Other Payment Options to consider:
- Graduate PLUS Loan: Students enrolled at least half time (4.5 credit hours per semester) in a graduate program of study are eligible to borrow a Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Repayment for Federal Graduate PLUS Loans begins six months after graduation. Please visit www.clarke.edu/gradplus to apply. A credit check is associated with the application process.
- Private Student Loan: Private student loans are educational loans made through private lenders. Private student loans may be used to cover any remaining charges. In order for loan money to reach your account in a timely manner, we recommend an application be filed out at least four to six weeks prior to the start of the semester. For more information visit www.clarke.edu/privateloans. Private loans cannot be consolidated with Federal loans of any kind.
- Cash, credit card or automatic withdrawal payments. For more information on the payment plans offered through our Student Accounts Office please visit www.clarke.edu/studentaccounts.
- Employer Reimbursement
- You can visit www.clarke.edu/outsidescholarships to stay up to date with local and national scholarship opportunities.
- For scholarships specific to your field of study, stay in contact with your department chairs.
When a student is accepted for admission and the FAFSA has been received from the processing center, the Financial Aid Office will prepare an individualized financial aid package. The Financial Aid Office begins to send out award packages mid-March of each year. To avoid a delay in receiving an aid package, tests and other admission requirements must be satisfied prior to the anticipated start date.
Financial aid awards are determined annually after a current FAFSA is filed. Students receiving financial aid must maintain satisfactory academic progress as determined by the Financial Aid Committee.
For more information, please contact the Clarke University Financial Aid Office by one of the following means:
1550 Clarke Drive
Dubuque, Iowa 52001-3198