Doctor of Physical Therapy General Information
Learning Today. Leading Tomorrow.Apply Today
Clarke’s DPT program is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills, values, and confidence to successfully pass board exams and start your journey as a physical therapist.
Top 10 Facts
- Small class size of 33 students guarantees a one-on-one education experience.
- Students acquire hands-on experience with patients starting in their second semester through the integrated Clinical Practicum Program.
- Students use renovated and expanded classroom and laboratory spaces.
- Clinical education is spread throughout the three-year program in order to apply knowledge at each stage of learning.
- Clarke’s small campus where students are encouraged to address their professors by their first name fosters a comfortable, family atmosphere.
- Faculty are licensed, practicing medical professionals specializing in orthopedics, sports medicine, neurology, pediatrics, women’s health, geriatrics, orthotics and prosthetics, and education.
- 100% of students actively participate in the Clarke Organization of Student Physical Therapists (COSPT), a group of physical therapy students dedicated to service learning and community action.
- Opportunities for inter-professional collaboration and networking with nursing and athletic training students and area PT clinicians encourage a multidisciplinary treatment and problem-solving approach.
- The beautiful city of Dubuque, Iowa offers plenty of shopping, eating, and entertainment. Learn more at http://www.traveldubuque.com
- Our 9:1 student to faculty ratio, guarantees one-on-one time with all your professors.
Clarke Organization of Student Physical Therapists (COSPT)
Clarke Organization of Student Physical Therapists works to create connections between all physical therapy class levels, increase awareness of the Clarke Physical Therapy Department and its activities, and raise awareness of local and national issues pertaining to physical therapy.