Ready to shine?
All potential music majors are required to audition either in person or virtually prior to registration. Based on an audition, fine arts scholarships are available to all prospective students. Candidates must also apply to and be accepted for admission to Clarke, preferably prior to the audition.
All fine arts scholarships are renewable over the four-year undergraduate experience, as long as the student maintains eligibilty. Auditions can be scheduled throughout the year on campus.
Each candidate for a fine art talent award in music must prepare an audition outlined below:
Participation Scholarship Requirements
- Perform one piece in any style.
- Complete an interview with music faculty.
Music Major Scholarship Requirements
- Piano: Two different compositions, each from a different style period.
- Voice: Two representative songs selected from literature of the various style periods.
- Other Instruments: Two representative compositions, each from a different style period.
- Composition: Two compositions representative of student’s work, either electronic or scored.
FAQ for Auditions
What do I need to prepare for my audition?
Two pieces of music in contrasting styles.
What do I need to submit prior to my audition?
Send sheet music to the Music Department chair at least one week prior to your audition date.
What do I need to bring to my audition?
Just music and your instrument, if needed.
What should I wear for my audition?
Dress like you would for an interview.
Where do I check in on the day of my audition?
Admissions Office in the Atrium. Be 10 minutes early.
Where can I warm up before my audition?
Ask Admissions to use the practice rooms in Eliza Kelly Hall (1st floor).
How long is the audition?
How long after the audition until I receive the results?
About 1-2 weeks