Statement of Ethics
The Clarke University Financial Aid Office is committed to providing excellent service to Clarke students. Ethics play an integral part in service, so a statement of ethics has been developed to communicate our actions with our student population, as well as the general public.
The Clarke University Financial Aid Office (or employees thereof) pledge:
- To protect the borrower’s choice of lenders;
- To base lists of preferred, recommended, or suggested lenders solely on the best interests of the student or parent borrower, considering factors such as interest rates, fees, and loan benefits provided by the lender to the borrower;
- To not request or accept any payments or benefits of any kind from a lender in exchange for being included on a preferred or recommended lender list or in exchange for the school recommending the lender to its students or parents;
- To clearly and fully disclose to students and parents the criteria and process used to select the lenders for preferred, recommended, or suggested lender lists;
- To ensure that employees of lenders who make loans to students or their parents do not identify themselves as employees of the institution of higher education and that employees or agents of a lender, servicer, or guaranty agency do not work in or provide staffing to an institution’s financial aid office unless they do so at fair market value; and
- To ensure that the institution’s employees will not receive any gift, including travel gifts, of more than nominal value from any lender, servicer, or guaranty agency.