Triangle Copy careerplus-badges careerplus-degree Created with Sketch. careerplus-employers Created with Sketch. careerplus-faq Created with Sketch. careerplus-individuals Created with Sketch. careerplus-local-experts Created with Sketch. careerplus-pricing careerplus-registration Created with Sketch. careerplus-responsive Created with Sketch. careerplus-self-paced Created with Sketch. careerplus-stackable Created with Sketch. + Facebook LinkedIn PinterestRSS Instagram Twitter Vine

Award Conditions

Please note not all awards are applicable to each student.  Aid is subject to change due to verification, notification of enrollment at another institution, or change in residency or enrollment.

Federal and State Aid

Federal and State funding levels are subject to change based on the actions of the respective legislatures. In the event the funding levels change, we will send out a revised award letter.Grant amounts are split evenly between fall/spring semester without exception per the Department of Education guidelines.

Federal Pell Grant

The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds you may receive over your lifetime is limited by a new federal law to be the equivalent of six years of Pell Grant funding. Since the maximum amount of Pell Grant funding you can receive each year is equal to 100%, the six-year equivalent is 600%.

Amounts can change yearly. The amount you get, though, will depend on

  • your financial need (SAI)
  • your cost of attendance
  • your status as a full-time or part-time student
  • your plans to attend school for a full academic year or less

Federal Direct Loan Limits

Undergraduate Dependent Student
Maximum Total Debt from Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans = $31,000 (no more than $23,000 of this amount may be subsidized loans.)

Undergraduate Independent Student
Maximum Total Debt from Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans = $57,500 (no more than $23,000 of this amount may be subsidized loans.)

Graduate or Professional Student
Maximum Total Debt from Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans =$138,500 (no more than $65,500 of this amount may be subsidized loans.)

Additional information regarding Federal Direct Loans.

Iowa Tuition Grant

To be considered for Iowa Tuition Grant you must file your FAFSA on or before July 1.  Limits are set by the State of Iowa.

Federal Work Study

Federal Work Study is work eligibility, not a guarantee of funds. This aid is based on need and is not awarded to all students. Students must secure a job and put in sufficient work hours to earn the funds. All current work study jobs are listed online.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students receiving Title IV financial assistance are expected to progress satisfactorily toward degree completion. The satisfactory academic progress of a student will be measured both quantitatively and qualitatively.

Additional information regarding the Satisfactory Academic Progress.

Institutional Awards

Full-time day-time students are eligible to renew Clarke institutional aid for up to ten total semesters of all college work in an undergraduate degree-seeking program. If a student remains continuously enrolled as a full-time day-time undergraduate student, maintains the required GPA, and makes satisfactory academic progress in the number of completed courses, institutional aid will be renewed. Students must meet all of the listed requirements along with any additional requirements specific to the letter of intent or scholarship agreement. Grant and scholarship amounts are split evenly between fall/spring semester without exception.

Please note: There is no institutional aid for summer sessions. Federal loans may be available if you are enrolled at least half-time (half-time for undergraduate=6 credits, Graduate level=4.5 credits)

Moving off campus

You must complete the appropriate paperwork with the Residence Life Office to be approved to move off campus. The following institutional aid requires you to remain on campus: Spirit Grant, Impact Grant, Campus Grant, and Campus Impact Grant. If you are the recipient of any of these grants please understand that by moving off campus you are no longer eligible to receive these grants.