- Undergraduate Students: 634
- Total Students: 855
- Male %: 44
- Female %: 56
- In-State Students %: 40
- Out-of-State %: 60
- Retention rate for first time, full-time students: 72%
Data based upon 2020-2021 enrollment snapshot
Come cheer on the Blue and Gold with us!
Track and Field
The Clarke Pride competes in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics and is a member of the Heart of America Athletic Conference.
Clarke is recognized as a NAIA Champions of Character Five-Star Institution.
For the 2020-21 academic year, undergraduate tuition is $34,650, student fees are $1,100, and the average cost for room and board is $10,200. Graduate tuition varies by program. View the Tuition & Fees page for more information.
During the 2019-20 academic year, 100 percent of Clarke’s full-time, day-time students (who were eligible, and applied) received financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study. Clarke’s average financial aid package is $27,000. Students are encouraged to apply for financial aid as soon as possible after October 1.
Clarke University offers a variety of merit scholarships to students that include academic, athletic talent, fine arts, and other scholarships.
Clarke University is consistently recognized for excellence in education. Here is a list of national recognition:
- PLEXUSS 2021 Global Rankings
- # 1 Best Faith-Based College or University in Iowa
- # 5 Best in Iowa Offering Psychology Programs
- # 12 Best in Iowa Offering Nursing Programs
- U.S. News: 2020 Best Colleges in Iowa
- U.S. News: Ranked 54th in Top Performers on Social Mobility in 2021
- U.S. News: Ranked 16th in the Midwest on the list of Best Regional Colleges in 2019
- U.S. News: Midwest’s Top 10 Best Value Schools in 2019
- RegisteredNursing.org: #5 in the nation for 2019 Best Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs
- Princeton Review: Best Midwestern Colleges
- NAIA Champions of Character Five-Star Designation for 10 consecutive years
- National Arbor Day Foundation: Tree Campus USA
Clarke University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability in the educational programs which it conducts or in its employment policies, practices and procedures. Clarke University complies with all pertinent state and federal regulations concerning affirmative action, nondiscrimination, and equal employment opportunity.
For more information, contact the Clarke University Admissions Office:
Clarke University students and alumni demonstrate success in numerous ways. Our students garner academic awards from the university, receive scholarships and secure internships. Our alumni go on to earn advanced degrees at Clarke and at other prestigious universities throughout the U.S. and the world. They achieve professional success in a variety of occupations and make their mark at corporations, in government agencies and at various other organizations in a vast number of fields.
The information listed below demonstrates both short-term and long-term achievements of Clarke University students and alumni:
- Four-year graduation rate – 48%
- Six-year graduation rate – 65%
First-time pass rates for the following programs are:
2019 graduating class overall pass rate is 87.5% (7/8) at this time
3 year aggregate (2019, 2018, 2017) aggregate 1st time pass rate of 77.4% (24/31) and the overall pass rate is 93.54% (29/31) at this time.
Family Nurse Practitioner – 100%
NCLEX – 92.31%
98.2% Pass Rate