Designed to lower barriers, costs, and time to a bachelor’s degree
Our dedicated transfer staff is ready to assist NICC students with an individualized transfer plan. Complete a request for information to ask specific questions or request additional details.
We seek to advance and support your education goals with the following:
- We have advanced transfer planning. We will work with you semesters ahead of transferring to aid in selecting transferrable courses.
- We celebrate AA or AS degrees. We value the importance of completing the AA or AS; this accomplishment prepares you for a smooth transition and future success. Clarke will place you on the fast track to being a leader in your career and community.
- We aid in the reverse transfer process. We understand that some students’ educational paths may lead to transferring before completing a full associate degree. We can assist in the reverse transfer process within one year of starting at Clarke.
- A robust Clarke team made up of professionals from Admissions, Academic Affairs, and Financial Aid will help you with a smooth transfer process.
NO OUT OF STATE TUITION — Students from other states are welcome at Clarke at no extra cost. Our campus is currently home to students from 39 states and 10 countries.
FINANCIAL AID — 100% of Clarke’s full-time, day-time students received financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study. We even offer transfer-specific scholarships.
Community College Partnerships
Clarke University is the first private college to partner with all 15 Iowa Community Colleges, allowing us to accept full associate of arts (AA) and associate of science degree (AS) transfer majors with a two-year completion at Clarke. Each community college now has articulation agreements with Clarke in four to eight of the following transfer majors: Business, Chemistry, English, History, Mathematics, Psychology, Elementary Education, and Secondary Education.
While we accept credits and associate degrees from all accredited community colleges in the country, we have direct partnerships with the community colleges listed below.
- Northeast Iowa Community College
- Eastern Iowa Community College
- Des Moines Area Community College
- Hawkeye Community College
- Indian Hills Community College
- Iowa Central Community College
- Iowa Lakes Community College
- Iowa Valley Community College
- Iowa Western Community College
- Kirkwood Community College
- North Iowa Area Community College
- Northwest Iowa Community College
- Southeastern Community College
- Southwestern Community College
- Western Iowa Tech Community College
Here is an overview of the authorized transfer majors for each of the 15 Iowa community colleges by discipline:
|Authorized Transfer Majors by College and Discipline||Psych. (AA)||Bus. (AA)||Math (AS)||Chem. (AS)||Sec. Ed.(AA/AS)||El. Ed. (AA)||English (AA)||History (AA)|
|Northeast Iowa Community College||YES||YES||YES||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|North Iowa Community College||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|Iowa Lakes Community College||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO||NO||NO|
|Northwest Iowa Community College||YES||YES||YES||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Iowa Central Community College||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Iowa Valley Community College||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO|
|Hawkeye Community College||YES||YES||NO||YES||NO||YES||NO||YES|
|Eastern Iowa Community Colleges||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|Kirkwood Community College||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO||NO||NO|
|Des Moines Area Community College||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|Western Iowa Technical Community College||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Iowa Western Community College||NO||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|Southwestern Community College||YES||YES||NO||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Indian Hills Community College||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Southeastern Community College||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO|