Clarke College Names New Trustees
Clarke College is pleased to announce the addition of the following new members to the College’s Board of Trustees.
– Friedman retired as president of Friedman Insurance and has served in numerous leadership positions in the Dubuque community and the insurance industry. He holds a bachelor of arts degree in business administration and economics from Loras College, as well as a professional designation awarded by the American Institute of Property and Liability Underwriters. – Gregory currently serves as president of the FloorShow Companies in Dubuque. He has served on numerous committees including: Holy Family Development Committee, Knights of Columbus Program Chair, St. Columbkille Finance Council, Parish Community Life Committee and Parish Council. He is a graduate of Wahlert High School and attended the College of Iowa.
– Klauer graduated from Clarke College in 1967 and is a former kindergarten teacher at Prescott School in Dubuque. She has served on the Board of Education for St. Columbkille School, the Junior Board of Visiting Nurse Association, the American Cancer Society and St. Mark Community Center.
– Stavnes currently serves as president of Wells Fargo Bank Eastern Territory. He joined Wells Fargo in 1981 and has worked for the company in Minneapolis, LaCrosse, Cedar Rapids and the Quad Cities. He holds a bachelor of arts degree from Upper Iowa College.
– Thompson is an experienced project developer, real estate investor, and property manager. He is the founder of Stoney Creek Hospitality Corporation, which currently operates 10 Stoney Creek Inns in Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri. He is also the chairman and CEO of Thompson Companies, a diverse financial services and management company in the construction and lodging industry.
– Urell retired in June 2006 as senior vice president for Smithfield Foods, Inc., where he was responsible for corporate engineering and environmental affairs for the company. He is a licensed professional engineer, holding a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Iowa State College and a master’s in business administration from the College of Iowa.
– Rob is the corporate manager of the mergers and acquisitions group at Hormel Foods Corp. in Austin, Minn. He leads Hormel Foods efforts for expansion through mergers and acquisition, joint venture and license agreements. He holds a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Babson College, in Wellesley, Mass., where he was valedictorian.